You might be starting a business and looking for legal advice, looking for a business lawyer to assist with commercial litigation or planning to buy or sell a business. If that’s you, we can help.
We have sound experience across many different industries and offer practical legal solutions to individuals, small businesses and SMEs in the following areas:
- Business contracts. We can prepare or review all types of legal contracts, including purchase or sale of business, put and call options, franchise agreements, supply agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, partnership agreements, commercial contracts. We’ll make sure that the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future and ensure that due diligence standards are met.
- Business structures. If you are establishing a new business enterprise we can help you make sure that you are setting the business up soundly, whether by partnership, joint venture, company, trust or franchise. If you’re looking to restructure your business, we can help with partnership dissolutions and corporate restructures.
- Business succession and asset protection. You need a plan in place to make sure that your business and personal assets are protected. We can work with your business and family to devise a plan that keeps your hard earned assets safe.
- Commercial disputes and litigation. We offer dispute resolution services and litigation representation covering a wide range of problems, including breach of contract, building and property disputes, debt recovery, copyright infringement, partnership disputes and corporations law.
- Corporations law. We can assist with shareholders agreements, advice on corporate governance and documenting company administrations.
- Franchises. If you’re looking to buy into a franchise, we can help you go through the franchise agreement and franchisor disclosure documents to make sure that you are aware of all of the issues that could make or break your new business.
- Property and leasing. We can assist with retail leasing and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants. We can also assist with the sale or purchase of commercial property.
- Commercial law and small business legal advice. We offer small business legal help in a wide range of matters, including trade practices law and consumer law.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency. We can assist with the whole process of recovering money owed to you from an initial letter of demand or creditor’s statutory demand through to commencing proceedings with the Court and obtaining judgment.
- Taxation and finance. We can draft and review mortgages, guarantees, charges and other securities documentation as well as advise in regard to GST, capital gains tax and land tax.
We can help get business start-ups and micro-businesses off to a good start and help nurture and sustain more established businesses and corporate enterprises.
Talk to our friendly Business & Commercial team today